While players anxiously wait for Modern Warfare 2 Season 2 the folks over at Infinity Ward gave gamers a sneak peek of what to expect once the update drops. Included were the MW2 Season 2 Multiplayer changes.
- Occlusion back online
- Reduced bonus perk cost by 50% and ultimate by 25%
- Hardcore mode is returning
- Valentine Playlist
- Ranked Play incoming
Not just Multiplayer, but other modes and features will be receiving changes as well.
- 1v1 Gulag will be returning
- The domination-style flag control point will be the new overtime mechanic instead of the Jailer.
- lowest value cash piles from ground loot increased to $800
- The lowest value cash from cash registers increased by $500
- Loot windows/menus will transition to floating loot that will now drop out of all containers in the world
- Medium/large backpacks will no longer be available
- Every gamer will have the same Backpack throughout the whole game
- Introduction of customizable Perk Packages
- The price of Loadout Drop Markers has been reduced
- Loadout Drop Markers have unlimited stock at all stations.
- Second Loadout Drop Public Event added
- Primary weapons prices reduced
- The game begins with a 3-Plate Vest.
- Can now bust through doors while plating
- Increased movement speed while plating
- Play Again feature in Battle Royale
These UI/UX updates are coming to Season 2 to improve the overall flow of in-game menus. These updates include:
- Improved navigation and organization of the Camo menu
- More polished Social tab, including improved channel swapping and player muting
- New “My Bundles” screen
- Quick equip items from Battle pass, My Bundles, and Store
- Reticle previews in Store and Gunsmith
- Improved clarity of attachment blocking logic in Gunsmith
- Instance speed of recent players in the menu
- Status refresh of friends
- Tweaked overall scaling of difficulty in missions as the tiers progress
- Addressed Crashing issues
- All New Missions
- New Exclusion Zone
- The Faction Mission refresh will provide new missions
MW2 Season 2 Multiplayer Changes