Both teams kicked off their cup campaign in the third round, with Porto beating Anadia 6-1, and Arouca beating Fontinhas 2-0. Arouca beat Gil Vicente 4-1 in the last round, while Porto overcame Mafra 3-0.
The two teams will meet for the second time in as many weeks at Porto, who won Primeira Liga 5-1 in the league, with Mehdi Taremi bagging a hat trick. Bruno Marques scored Arouca’s only goal of the game.
Porto, meanwhile, played out a goalless draw against Casa Pia in the league on Sunday, while Arouca beat Estoril Praia 2-0 at home on Saturday, thanks to Oday Dabbagh’s brace.
Os 5⃣ golos 🆚 FC Arouca para o Campeonato 🔵⚪
🗓 4ª feira há novo embate 🏆 Oitavos de final da Taça de Portugal
— FC Porto (@FCPorto) January 9, 2023
Porto vs Arouca Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- The two teams have met 11 times in the Primeira Liga since 2013, with all meetings producing conclusive results, with Porto leading 10-1.
- Nine of their 11 meetings have seen over 2.5 goals.
- Porto have scored at least thrice in their last three home games against Arouca across competitions.
- Arouca have failed to score in four of their last five meetings against Arouca, who have scored 17 goals in that period.
- Porto are unbeaten in their last six games, winning five.
$1000 No Sweat First Bet on FanDuel
Porto vs Arouca Prediction
Dragoes are unbeaten across competitions since October and scored at least twice in their last six home games.
🔜 𝐏𝐑𝐎́𝐗𝐈𝐌𝐎 𝐉𝐎𝐆𝐎 🏆
— FC Arouca (@OficialFCArouca) January 8, 2023
Arouca, meanwhile, have a strong away record this term, scoring at least once in their last nine games and losing just twice. While a close contest is expected, Porto should emerge triumphant.
Prediction: Porto 3-1 Arouca
5 Second Chance Bets up to $100 Each on PointsBet
Porto vs Arouca Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Porto
Tip 2: Goals – Over/Under 2.5 Goals – Over 2.5
Tip 3: Porto to keep a clean sheet – Yes
Tip 4: Mehdi Taremi to score or assist any time – Yes
Tip 5: At least a goal to be scored in the first half – Yes